Sunday, March 20, 2011

Migration Down the Nile


I wake up to the familiar soft lapping sound of water along the shores of the Nile. It's early in the morning, and I was woken by the chirping of birds around me. A dragonfly whizzes past me, and I can see the waving ferns along the shore nearby.It is the third day of our voyage to Hermopolis, and we are still traveling at a steady pace. Hermopolis is the new place where our family will settle, and we have heard of many others who migrated there and prospered by growing crops in the rich soil. As it is still early morning, a cool breeze brushes past me and makes me sigh in relief. It is not often that we have cooler weather on this river. I can tell just by looking at the calm waters ahead of us that there will be no trouble. We will settle in Hermopolis, and all will be good. I relax back in my section of the boat, and simply enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment